Cad Draughtsman Design
About Cad Draughtsman Design Cad Draughtsman Design Services Cad Draughtsman Design Cad Draughtsman Design Training Short Notice Work Cad Draughtsman Design Cad Draughtsman Design Examples of Work Contact Cad Draughtsman Design


Q – do you have professional indemnity insurance?

A – yes, we are fully insured

Q – can we obtain professional references?

A – we will be happy to provide you with references if required

Q - Do I need planning?

A - The best way to find out if your project needs planning is to follow the link below. This is a link to the governments planning portal which contains all the information you will need.

Q - what is the difference between planning and building regulations?

A - building regulations set standards for the design and construction of buildings to ensure the safety and health for people in or about those buildings. They also include requirements to ensure that fuel and power is conserved and facilities are provided for people, including those with disabilities, to access and move around inside buildings.

planning seeks to guide the way our towns, cities and countryside develop.  This includes the use of land & buildings, the appearance of buildings, landscaping considerations, highway access and the impact that the development will have on the general environment.

For many types of building work, separate permission under both regimes (separate processes) will be required.  For other building work, such as internal alterations, Buildings Regulations approval will probably be needed, but Planning permission may not be.  If you are in any doubt you should contact your local planning authority or a building control body.

Q – do you specialize in a specific area?

A – yes, we specialize in architecture. I myself also have many years experience in the shop-fitting, furniture and interior design industry and all have many years experience in a range of CAD packages.

Q – are you registered architects?

A – No we are not architects. Myself and my colleagues are experienced architectural technologists which means we specialize in the science of architecture, building design and construction and form the link between concept and construction. We are also experienced in planning and building regulations policies.

Definition of an architect by RIBA:
Architectural education and training focuses on the integration and synthesis of all aspects of design and construction in response to a client’s brief, both for individual buildings, groups of buildings and spaces in between. A person described as an architect must, by law be registered with the Architect’s Registration Board.

Q – what CAD packages do you use?

A – we use AutoCAD R14 to 2007, Vectorworks up to 12.5 and ArchiCAD 10

Q – do you charge by the hour or by job?

A – we try our best to work with your requirements and therefore will be happy to quote an hourly rate or a fixed job fee, please go to the “contact us” link for a quote

Q – our firm is based in north england, do you cover this area?

A – Although our office is based in the south west, we have carried out work throughout the uk and even in several other European countries

Cad Draughtsman Design